1585 Marlowe Ave, Lakewood, OH 44107
Seeking a challenging and rewarding position in a company that will utilize my education, training and experience, as well as provide opportunities for career advancement. I have over 20 years experience working in the online news and information field.
I posses solid communication and interpersonal skills. I am assertive and dependable with excellent time management and organizational skills. I am a management leader and team player with strong creative and analytical abilities.
Director of Digital Operations
July 2015 – Present
- Manage 4 member Digital Operations team
- Oversee the upkeep and presentation of the cleveland.com on all desktop, mobile and 3rd party publishing platforms, resulting in an average of 2 million page views per day
- Acts as technical liaison and support for reporters and the tools they use to post content on cleveland.com.
- Develop and distribute multimedia content to various video and podcasting channels.
- Design, develop and maintain rockthelake.com website.
Community Content Manager
June 2009 – July 2015
- Development and implementation of public and civic outreach programs.
- Integration and publishing of third party and user provided content.
- Management of key content and affiliate partnerships.
Associate Managing Editor
September 2005 – July 2015
- Joint management of 5 member editorial team
- Overseeing assignments for freelance community photographers and stringers.
- Content display decisions for homepage, top level sections, and other site pages.
- Project management for new top tier sections, CMS, and feature additions to site
July 2000 – 2013
- Installation & upkeep of staff workstations, company equipment & network architecture.
- Research, development, and implementation of all streaming technologies used.
- Development, implementation of content templates, graphics, code, & content guidelines.
- Responsible for local compliance with corporate standards for web development and equipment standards.
Other Previous Experience
- Senior programmer, Junior designer, Senior content coder.
- Network architecture designer, Lead researcher of Internet technologies.
- Manager of 6 member technical and design staff.
- Friday Night Huddle: Development and implementation of a live weekly high school video show with content partners at Time Warner Cable. The show appeared on both Time Warner’s cable stations and cleveland.com’s live youTube channel.
- Republican National Convention: Onsite technical and editorial support from political and breaking news reporters. Live video streaming and production from within the convention.
- Hyper-local initiative cleveland.com: Development & launch of 16 in-depth community sections. Coordination of civic & resident content contributions. Management of key content outreach programs.
- LeBron & The Decision: Coordination of live local reaction to LeBron James’ ESPN special, including implementation of a live web stream from Lakewood Ohio’s Winking Lizard resulting in over 70,000 views in a 7 hour period.
- Multiple Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction ceremonies: Live coverage of Cleveland hosted ceremonies. Coordination of live editorial reporting, live event streaming and multimedia coverage.
- Hurricane Katrina: Remote support provided to Nola.com. Updates for editorial, multimedia and pubic submitted content maintained 24/7 for a 2 week period while staff resources and site offices were reacquired.
- Search Engine & Social Media Optimization, Advance understanding of best web practices and publishing standards, Knowledge of live audio & video recording, engineering, streaming and post production.
- Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Ubutu, Unix, Linux
- Programs: Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, Audacity, OBS, VideoPier, MPEG Stream Clip, Adaptor, VidBlaster, Homesite, Coda, and more.
- Streaming Technologies: YouTube, Quicktime, Windows Media, FaceBook Live, Flash.
- Eliza Wing, Chief Communications Officer at Cuyahoga County, email@example.com
- Loren Chylla, Vice President, Media Services, Adcom Comm., firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Polverine, Assistant News Director, WKYC 3, email@example.com
- Marcus Brown, Director of IT, Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baldwin Wallace College, B.A., Liberal Arts, Art History, 1996.
- Freelance web programmer, designer, and creative solutions consultant.
- Professional artist, gallery owner-operator, curator, and art collector.
- Board game reviewer, avid cyclist, and home do-it-yourself-er.
- Father to a 10 year old son and 8 year old daughter.